Jesus gave His life to love me, and despite what it costs me, I can think of no greater calling than to love someone else in the same way that Jesus loved me.

Friday, September 26, 2014

walking in humility and servant hood

{{whoever wants to become great among you, must become a servant}}
   
we are all called to a life of greatness.  well, what does that look like?  well first, it starts with humility. when we can learn to humble ourselves, and start walking in that humility is when we can best become a servant to those around us, and most of all, to Jesus.  that means putting others needs before our own - denying our flesh, living by the Spirit.  He is calling us out of our comfort zones - into stormy waters.  this life is a life of servant hood.  one where we start saying no to us, and saying yes to Him.   God gives us the choice.  to sacrifice of ourselves to magnify Him, or to live a "me focused" life.  this world is full of hurting people, and i used to find myself asking God, why?  why would He create a world full of sin, and hurt and then sit back and watch and not do anything about?  then came my answer.  He told me "I did do something, I created you."  when i started living my life from that aspect, that i was created for the purpose to bring His healing to this world and to others, thats when my life of servant hood really began.  not that i wasn't serving before, but that put a whole new perspective on things.  we are called to live like Jesus, right?  in the bible it states;
"for even the son of man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many" [mark 10:45]
this verse made me fall in love even more with the Father.  He is so good.  how i want to be like Him.


just some food for thought, something that has been placed on my heart lately.




No comments:

Post a Comment